If you have been shopping in Camberley recently you may have noticed The Square shopping centre is undergoing a transformation!
Grace Reynold’s walk has been the focus of the first phase of Surrey Heath Borough Council’s £8 million refurbishment investment in The Square. It now features new flooring, shop fronts, fresh new lighting and facades. In addition most of the old facades throughout the shopping centre have been removed. The works will now pause for Christmas trading and begin again in January 2018.
Karen Whelan, Chief Executive SHBC said, “It’s great to see the substantial work in The Square coming together to provide a much needed update to Grace Reynold’s Walk. The completion of this section gives us a real idea of how much the shopping centre will be improved when the project finishes next year. The Square is becoming a much brighter place to shop and meet friends.”
The Square was purchased by SHBC in 2016. It is a 480,000 sq ft covered shopping centre and is home to more than 150 national and independent retailers. Brands include Smiggle, O2, TopShop, Patisserie Valerie, River Island and Monsoon, anchored by House of Fraser, Boots and Primark, all benefitting from an average weekly footfall of more than 170,000.
SHBC has made a significant investment in Camberley Town Centre and also has plans to regenerate other areas of the town including The High Street, Public Realm areas and London Road.
Christmas in Camberley
Visit Camberley for your Christmas shopping. Camberley has warm, undercover shopping centres with easy to access parking; if you use the Glide app you can park up to three hours for just 21p in Knoll Road and Main Square Car parks. Camberley also has lots of fabulous places to enjoy hot drinks and food.
- Christmas Lights Switch On, 18 November 2017, 5pm – 6.30pm, Town Centre. Also includes a full day of seasonal activities, including a Farmer and Artisan Market and festive entertainment on Park Street all afternoon.
- Free daily craft and fun activities for children, The Square shopping centre, 19 November to 24 December 2017.
- Ice Skate Camberley – a magical real ice rink located right in the centre of town in Park Street from 9 December 2017 until 5 January 2018. Early bird pricing offers are available until 13 November. Ice Skate Camberley is proudly supported by Knights Property Services, Camberley. To find out more, including information on how to book your tickets, visit www.christmasincamberley.co.uk.
- Visit Father Christmas, 1 to 24 December, The Square Shopping Centre. For more information visit www.bookfatherchristmas.co.uk/camberley.
- Peter Pan Pantomime, 12 to 31 December, Camberley Theatre. Join Peter Pan as he takes Wendy and her brothers on an action packed adventure in Neverland.
The Atrium is running lots of fabulous promotions and festive events, including a giant snow globe which you can hop into for photos on 18 November.